Here are some of the tools I came across at ISTE 2018 that seemed promising for English/Language Arts teachers. I especially appreciated that each tool kept the student in the center while allowing teachers to provide critical support & feedback. No canned reading programs that students mindlessly click through here!
- READING: Activate, support, and reveal student thinking with Actively Learn.
2. WRITING: Provide actionable feedback throughout the writing process with Writable.
3. ANNOTATING: Students & teachers can organize annotations by color coded categories with Highlighting Tool, a free Google Doc add on.
4. FLUENCY: Monitor student growth in pronunciation and support comprehension with a visual dictionary by using Fluency Tutor.
5. SPEAKING & CREATIVITY: Break the ice and improve students’ speaking skills with an auto-generated slideshow of images based on a topic you choose in Pecha Flickr.